Chemical Logistics Specialist

Twitter Facebook
Location
Baton Rouge, LA
Job Type
Direct Hire
Date
Jun 02, 2017
Job ID
2477700
Minimum Requirements:
  • 3+ years of experience, college degree is preferred but not required
  • Chemical plant experience is required
  • Candidates would ideally have both rail-car and barge experience, but experience with only rail cars is acceptable
  • Pluses would be: Strong computer skills including Microsoft, Outlook, Excel and Bourque, customer service experience, rail car selection/maintenance, shipping/tracking experience and experience with EHS regulations.
 
Job Description:
This person will work at a 10-year-old, 1000-person petrochemical facility that is currently undergoing extensive expansions. It is owned and operated by a large international firm that possesses multiple US sites and overseas plants. This position has been newly created due to growth within the company and a higher demand. In this role, this person will be responsible for overseeing the shipping and tracking of 5000 company-owned rail cars and barges. These shipping vehicles travel throughout the continental US, transporting liquid and powder PSM-regulated chemicals. 90% of the job is office work, while the other 10% is field work that will include customer interaction, maintaining/purchasing rail cars, tracking orders, order entries, invoice tracking and overseeing barge loading. A generous relocation package will be offered to this person.