Process Improvement Manager

Twitter Facebook
Chicago, IL
Job Type
Direct Hire
Bachelor of Science
Nov 29, 2017
Job ID
B.S. Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry with 10+ years of mixing and blending experience out of paints, coatings, foods, pharmaceuticals or chemicals. Potential candidates must have experience supervising engineers and/or operators. Pluses would be experience with the following: grinding, milling, antimicrobial chemicals, process improvement, R&D, FDA regulations, six-sigma certification (ideally black belt), and experience introducing new technologies into an existing process. 
Job Description:
This company is a multibillion dollar manufacturer with production facilities in the US, Korea, China and Japan. They produce specialty chemicals used in the finishing of silicon wafers and semiconductors. This is a newly created position with the primary focus being the introduction of new mixing technology for a 20-year-old process. 70% of this role with revolve around technical work, while the other 30% will be focused on overseeing, training and managing a group of 5 other engineers. Other responsibilities may include improving storage capabilities and settling properties. The number one priority of this site is to increase the capacity of their mixing process. These new processes will be first introduced in the Chicago pilot plant and then scaled up to be introduced in the Asian production facilities. This facility employs ~400 people, which includes production, R&D, tech services, marketing, sales and the corporate headquarters. The facility predominately uses clean room standards and is in pristine condition. Relocation assistance is available.